Bravo! You must have completed business registration with the Companies Commission of Malaysia (SSM). Just one more step – get your business license. Then, you can declare your company as a legal corporation in Malaysia.
So, what are the prerequisites to obtain business licenses in Malaysia?
Research on the Types of Licenses
First, determine a type of business license that suits your needs. Feel free to explore any of the three (3) main types of business licenses, namely general license, industry or sector-specific license, and activity-specific license. Should you need a signboard for your business, get a Signage Advertisement License.
At CORPSO, we ensure that you meet all the compliance requirements, which might vary as per the industry, location, and nature of your business.
Most businesses require the following documents for license acquisition:
- A copy of the applicant’s identity card and / or passport photo
- A complete set of SSM documents
- A copy of the rental / tenancy agreement or sale and purchase agreement
- A copy of the certificate of fitness (CF) for the business premise
- Receipts of quit rent (Cukai tanah) and Assessment (Cukai taksiran / Cukai pintu)
- A copy of the office layout plan
- A copy of the fire department’s support letter
- Photographs of the business premises
- Photographs of the intended location for your company’s signboard (applicable to the Signboard License)
Don’t feel intimidated by the list of documents. With CORPSO, you get all files in proper order. Expedite the document preparation process with us and complete it within one to two weeks.
Once you are well-prepared with all the necessary documents, we will submit the business license application on your behalf to the local town council authority.
Check your local town council authority: https://www.lawyerment.com/guide/gov/Local_Authorities/
The fees payable to the local authority for the business premise license are chiefly based on the nature of your business and are subject to the floor area of the premises.
Do you know that there are more than 300 types of business licenses in Malaysia? Simmer down. CORPSO is more than happy to assist you in finding the ideal business license type, no matter if you are a foreign or local business owner. Drop us a message now for a fast, safe, and easy application.