What is PenjanaKerjaya 2.0?
Penjana Kerjaya 2.0, or the Hiring Incentive and Training Programme 2.0, is a government initiative. Implemented on 1 January 2021, it encourages employers to do recruitment. The Social Security Organisation (SOCSO) will reward employers with RM4,000 to RM6,000 for every employee they recruited. It will also provide additional incentives with the likes of training programs and mobility assistance.
This program applies to employers who send the applications from 21 December 2020 onwards. Those who sent the application before the 21st will receive the rate of Perjana Kerjaya 1.0.
Who are eligible for PerjanaKerjaya 2.0?
- Employers from all industries registered with PERKESO and;
- Employers who registered with SSM or registered with PERKESO; and other authorities such as The Registry of Societies Malaysia (ROS), Registration of Company (ROC), Local Authorities, etc.
5 categories of full-time employment who can apply for Hiring Incentive Programmes:
Who are NOT ELIGIBLE for PenjanaKerjaya 2.0?
- Private employment agencies or service outsourcing contractors that conduct placements on behalf of other enterprises i.e. they are not direct employers;
- Public sector employers, federal and state statutory bodies, statutory bodies with segregated remuneration scheme, local authorities (PBT), embassies and the self-employed.
Which employees are NOT ELIGIBLE for PenjanaKerjaya 2.0 incentives?
- Employees who received or are still receiving benefits under PenjanaKerjaya 1.0, except for apprentices under PenjanaKerjaya 1.0 who were subsequently hired on a permanent / contract basis under PenjanaKerjaya 2.0.
- Parents, spouses, siblings or children employed as employees. Non-Malaysian citizen employees.
- Employees who received or are still receiving benefits under the Wage Subsidy Programme (PSU).
- Practical students who have not yet graduated yet.
- Non-Malaysian citizen employees.
What are the documents required in the application?
- Employer’s bank account information (copy of the front page of the Bank Statement with employer’s name, bank account number, and bank’s name)
- Employer’s business registration number verified by the bank (Business Registration Number – BRN).
- Employee Verification Form signed by the employee.
- Employee’s bank account information (copy of the front page of the Bank Statement with employee’s name, bank account number, identity card number, and bank’s name)
- Certificate / Self-declaration by the employer if the employee belongs to the vulnerable group (listed in table below)
- Contract of service for the new employee(s) (a copy must be kept as proof)
When is the deadline for PenjanaKerjaya 2.0 application?
- The deadline for the application is 30 June 2021.
- If employers submit their application on 30 June 2021, they will be paid until December 2021. Under the Apprenticeship Programme, the employers will be paid until September 2021.
For further details on PenjanaKerjaya 2.0, you can refer to:
Cast all your worries about employment and develop your business as you wish. Appoint a company secretary from CORPSO today. Always stay abreast of all the government’s new rules and regulations.